Thursday, February 1, 2018

When I entered OT school, I had an idea of what OT was, obviously, but I didn't realize that OT was so much more than what I had originally thought. I was almost embarrassed of myself to think that I didn't FULLY know what an OT was or what their purpose was. I have come to realize that it is such a rewarding profession, and I am not just helping clients get back to doing specific tasks, I am helping them regain their quality of life. I will be helping them get back to doing the things they love to do and activities that are meaningful to them. 
I think when people think of an individual receiving rehabilitation services, they think of them as just regaining movement or use of a specific body part or gaining the skills they need to go back to work. While, this is true, they are also regaining skills to do things that give meaning to their life, and what makes them who they are. For me, thinking about being a part of that is very empowering, exciting, and makes me believe that I have chosen a wonderful profession to pursue for the rest of my life. I am excited to be a life-longer learner and grow within this profession as it grows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mock Interview

I truly enjoyed the mock interview experience and thought it went very well overall. When I was preparing for this interview, I told myself ...