Tuesday, January 30, 2018

On twitter I found an article about occupational therapy and mental health. The title is, "Occupational therapy and mental health: Its not about basket weaving." I thought this article was very accurate when discussing not only what occupational therapists that specialize in mental health do, but also what other occupational therapists do. This article talks about how a therapist had an idea to have a group of her clients make films that told their story about their mental health experiences and the results yielded that anxiety levels and depression levels decreased. Along with that, social functioning and self-esteem were increased. It goes on to talk about how OTs help individuals get back to living meaningful lives based on what they feel is meaningful in their lives. This, I thought, went along perfectly with what an OTs purpose is. It is so much more than helping someone find a job or do a meaningless activity, it is about empowering individuals to get back to doing what they love no matter what that may be.

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to get my grandson to look at this field. Going to have him look at it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Mock Interview

I truly enjoyed the mock interview experience and thought it went very well overall. When I was preparing for this interview, I told myself ...